BLOGMAS #7: Gift Guide: Books I Would Give as Presents

***Happy first week of Blogmas!***

Here's another gift guide for you! But this time with a slight twist. This is a very personal gift guide - the books I would give to a friend as Christmas presents. Ranging from good introductions for non-readers to a few of my absolute favourites for fellow bookworms.

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

First up is The Night Circus. As well as being one of my all time favourite books, The Night Circus would be a really good introduction to fantasy. The magic is infectious and definitely left me on a high for a few days after finishing it (which only took me a day and a half! That's a PB for me).

Unfortunately I haven't got any of my own photos of this book as I got my copy from the library. So this image is from Amazon.

If you'd like to read my review of The Night Circus, click here!









Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

Speaking of good introductions, Gone Girl would be the perfect intro to a mystery/thriller. 

I think Gone Girl is the only thriller I've ever read and actually really enjoyed. I usually find mysteries extremely boring because I'm very impatient and want to know all the facts NOW!!! But the hype around this book made me buy it and I'm so glad I did.

I knew nothing about it before I started reading, which I think helped a lot - if you've heard spoilers or have already seen the film then I don't think it's worth reading. 

However, I am certain this book would be perfect for someone who doesn't read very often but also loves a juicy story.





The Light Between Oceans by M. L. Stedman

Ah, The Light Between Oceans. Where do I even start?!

Everyone needs a good cry every once in a while and this book will give you exactly that. M. L. Stedman knows how to pull on your heartstrings until you crumble into a pile of mush.

The reason I have The Light Between Oceans in this list is because I know for a fact that non-readers would enjoy this. After I finished it back in 2017, I knew straight away that my sister, a non-reader, would enjoy it. So I recommended it to her. It took her a while to actually pick it up and read it, but once she did she fell in love with it. 







How to Stop Time by Matt Haig

Matt Haig is my favourite author and has been since I was about 11. So, to be honest, I would put all of his books on this list if I could.

How to Stop Time is probably my favourite book of his, but that's not the only reason it's on this list. This book has one of the sweetest romances I've ever read, and usually I'm not a massive fan of romance but this definitely worked its magic on me.

(This photo is mine - I took it for an Instagram tag about time travel, so that's why The Time Traveler's Wife is behind it. Another great book, but maybe not for a Christmas present...)







Notes on a Nervous Planet by Matt Haig

Surprise, surprise! More Matt Haig. 

Notes on a Nervous Planet is one of the very few non-fiction books I have ever read. It is also one of my favourite books I read in 2018.

This book handles self-care and understanding your own mental health better so incredibly well. Even if you don't suffer from mental health problems, this book is an essential. It opened up my eyes to my own brain.

It's an extremely quick read, so pretty much the perfect Christmas present. 




**********

Which books would you give as Christmas presents?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons Why I Love The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

REVIEW: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

BLOGMAS #5: Favourite Book I've Received as a Christmas Present

Bethany's bookshelf: currently-reading

The Martian
tagged: currently-reading
Germinal
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com