BLOGMAS #21: What Presents Would I Give to My Favourite Characters?

Following on from yesterday's post, I thought I would come up with what presents I would give to my favourite characters from the Shades of Magic series! Well, the characters that are still alive... *sobs*

Lila

Firstly, I would give her 'Great Women Who Changed the World' by Kate Pankurst. Yes, I know this is a children's book but I just feel like Lila would really enjoy it. Also means she can use it to brush up on her English!









Then I would give her a really good map and compass. At the end of the last book she sets out to sea with Kell (which I love), so she needs the best equipment she can get.






I thought about giving her a new pocket watch but realised it would only be a disappointment and remind her of what she lost... Not very festive.

Kell


Kell definitely needs something to remind him of Maxim and Emira while he's travelling. So, I would give him a photo frame for him to put photos of his family into. We know Kell sees Rhy, Maxim and Emira as his family because he refused to find out who his real parents were, so he would definitely want to remember them while he's at sea!



Rhy

Rhy became a lot more emotional throughout the series - his character development was focused on him learning what it means to be a prince but also how to deal with strong emotions. So I think I would give him a journal to write in! He needs somewhere to be honest about his feelings now that he is King and his parents are gone. A journal would be the perfect outlet for him







Alucard

We all know Alucard loves to sail. And now that he has been assigned to Rhy in the palace, he can't sail any more. So, the perfect present for Alucard would be a ship in a bottle - to remind him of his pirate days when he misses them.






Tieren

Tieren is a difficult one to shop for. He would obviously be happy to not receive anything for Christmas, but also would be pleased with whatever you got him at the same time. So that's why I've chosen a really nice smelling candle. It's simple yet matches his character extremely well.




*****

What would you buy your favourite characters?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons Why I Love The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

REVIEW: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

BLOGMAS #5: Favourite Book I've Received as a Christmas Present

Bethany's bookshelf: currently-reading

The Martian
tagged: currently-reading
Germinal
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com