BLOGMAS #17: My Christmas Day Traditions

Here are my family's Christmas Day traditions!

Even though my sisters and I are all in our 20s, we still always wake up super early. Well, 9am is still 'early' to me. We also still look through our stockings in our parents' bedroom like children. Don't judge us.

Then we come downstairs and have breakfast! In our family, Christmas Day breakfast is always croissants and pain au chocolat with jam, marmalade, chocolate spread and everything else delicious i the continental breakfast world. The Christmas grocery shop is the only time my dad will buy the branded fruit juice for breakfast. The ONLY time.

He knows how to treat us.

While we eat breakfast we listen to Junior Choice on BBC radio 2 - they play lots of old school songs that we all love, especially my dad.

After breakfast, we move into the living room where we open our presents! We open one each, starting with the eldest and finishing with me, the youngest. You can imagine the suffering I endured as a child waiting for my turn to FINALLY arrive.

Then, we spend all day chilling and looking at our presents while my dad gets on with Christmas dinner.

After we have all finally got washed and dressed (this always takes a while on Christmas Day), we go on a family walk in the park while the turkey cooks. This is probably my favourite part of the day because our neighbourhood is normally completely empty.

When we get back, we are hit with the immense smell of the turkey cooking in the oven and it's glorious. Thankfully, we don't have to wait long until we all sit down and have our Christmas dinner together at about 5.30pm! (I know most families have it at lunch time but... yeah, we have it at dinner. I don't know why, ask my dad.)

After dinner we normally just sit in the living room watching Christmas TV until we all fall asleep!

*****

What are your Christmas Day traditions?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons Why I Love The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

REVIEW: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

BLOGMAS #5: Favourite Book I've Received as a Christmas Present

Bethany's bookshelf: currently-reading

The Martian
tagged: currently-reading
Germinal
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com