Mystery Blogger Award


Sam @ Tsundoku has kindly nominated me for the Mystery Blogger Award. Thank you, Sam! This award was originally created by Okoto Enigmas Blog to create a new community for bloggers which I'm totally for.

Okay, now lets actually do the tag.

Rules
  1. Put the award logo/image on your blog
  2. Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
  3. Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
  4. List the rules
  5. Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
  6. Share a link to your best post(s)
  7. Answer the 5 questions set to you by the person who nominated you
  8. Nominate 10 - 20 people
  9. Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with at least one weird or funny question
  10. Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
Three things about me

I think it's safe to say that 'I love books' is pretty obvious, so I'll try to include other things.
  • I bake a lot
Within the last 5 or 10 years or so I have started to really enjoy baking all sorts of stuff for fun. Just recently I decided to start challenging myself and make more complicated bakes, which my family have kindly offered to be the test subjects for...

On the day I am writing this I actually made cinnamon buns! 



  • I play badminton... a lot
I started playing when I was 14 at my local club after occasionally playing with my Dad over the summer holidays. I'm 19 now and haven't stopped since! I'm on the first team for ladies doubles at my university which is loads and loads of fun. (I'm the one serving).


  • I am a HUGE Paramore fan
Turns out I never grew out of my angsty-14-year-old phase. There's not much else to say other than I love them so, so, so much. I recently saw them on Tour One and was lucky enough to get tickets for Tour Three! I cannot wait!

In general, music has always been a part of my life. As a family we pretty much have the radio on constantly (usually playing Absolute Radio 70s) and have been to too many music festivals to count together. I can also play the guitar and ukulele!

My best post

I'm not sure whether it is my best post content-wise, but the post I had the most fun writing was my review of The Martian. In general I liked the book but I had multiple issues with it that I really enjoyed writing about and trying to explain, especially because I know the film is well-liked. I think I'm going to do a book vs film post on The Martian because I think it would work really well as a film, so keep your eyes peeled for that!

My answers to Sam's questions

What is your favourite candle/scent?
My go to candle is the Raspberry Lemonade one from Our Own Candle Company, which you can get here. It's sweet but not too sweet and just smells really, really good. Probably not suitable for the Autumn season though.

Do you have a pet and are they named after a character? If yes, why; if no, what literary name would you give a pet?
At the moment I don't have any pets but I used to have guinea pigs, budgies and finches. None of them were named after a character except one of my sisters named her budgie Tinkerbell, so I guess that counts. If I were to give a pet a literary name then I think I'd choose Oberon from A Midsummer Night's Dream. I love all things magical and I think he's a really interesting character. Just imagine a huge Great Dane called Oberon - he'd be invincible.

If you had to be from any planet, real or imaginary, which planet and why?
The best planet to be from would be Gallifrey. I used to watch Doctor Who a lot when I was younger and it would be so cool to be a Time Lord!

What's your favourite season of the year and why? Bonus points: what things remind you of that season?
Given that my birthday usually lands on or around Easter day, Spring should be my favourite season. But I'm the stereotypical white girl who loves Autumn/winter. I love it when it snows even though it doesn't snow much where I live. And who doesn't like Christmas?! The things that remind me of Autumn are big winter coats, cinnamon hot chocolates and wellies.

If you could adapt any one book or series perfectly (regardless of whether it's been adapted before) which would you choose?
I really enjoyed The Maze Runner but I had a good few problems with it (review soon to come!). For that reason I'd tweak the writing style a bit to make it less annoying but keep the really good story line.

My nominations

Tara @ Tara's Book Addiction
Orchard Book Club's Mini Reviewers
Jenn @ A Page of Jenniely
Denise @ Riot Grrrl Reads
Marie @ Lots of Livres
Jemm @ Jemms Reads
Marie @ Phantom of Literature
Reviews of Books on my Nightstand
Ellen @ It's Just Ellen
Devin @ Devin's Book Hub

My questions

  1. Which book do you wish you had written? 
  2. Which character in a book do you think is most like you?
  3. Which famous literary location do you wish you could transport yourself to and why? What would be the first thing you'd do once you got there? E.g. Hogwarts
  4. Which character has made you cry the most? If none, which character evoked the most emotion?
  5. Which book do you think the film adaptation actually did it justice? Or even was better than the book?

-----------------------------------------------------

Thanks for nominating me, Sam, I had loads of fun doing this! 

Comments

  1. Those cinnamon buns look really good! Definitely made me hungry. Yes Gallifrey! Being a Time Lord would be so freaking awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do, don't they?! I'm pretty proud of them haha! I know right??

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons Why I Love The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

REVIEW: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

BLOGMAS #5: Favourite Book I've Received as a Christmas Present

Bethany's bookshelf: currently-reading

The Martian
tagged: currently-reading
Germinal
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com